Friday, December 7, 2018

Richard III in 2019

As the year draws to a close, please indulge this announcement.  I am getting ready to direct my favorite Shakespeare play, Richard III.  More details will follow, but look for a premiere on Theatre Row in April 2019.

Been talking about his for ages, and lately a lot of folks have expressed plenty of interest.  Twice I've done versions of an edit of the script, with increasing excitement by those involved.

This will mark the first full stage production by a new company, THEATREanon!  

So much I could say--and will--but let me give this much of a hint.  Imagine a nation torn in half, families fighting within themselves, implacable hatred leading to one terrible act after another.

A nation at war with itself.

Now imagine a human monster who sees all this as nothing but an opportunity...

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments: